Sunday, July 1, 2007

Daft Lounge

I believe there's a special circle in hell reserved for whoever came up with the concept of the piano lounge. As the other JD has noted, I didn't really get the singalong gene in my genetic inheritance, and I'd rather repeatedly impact my skull with a solid surface than listen to butchered versions of popular staples. Now the dude at the one last night was a decent enough dude, working hard and with some eclectic songs mixed in his repertoire (Flaming Lips, Neutral Milk Hotel, though with a disturbing amount of Phish). To amuse myself, I thought of the one song I would have easily tipped a hundred bucks to hear him play, that being "Harder Better Faster Stronger". Imagine that, hearing some random dude in piano bar USA playing a solo version of the ultimate Daft Punk song...anyway, in honor of this thought, and after having spent last night and today immersing myself in the work of the robots, I give you this:

Daft Punk - "Teachers (Extended Version)"

No comments: