Tuesday, June 26, 2007

All Hail The Pharoahe!

Um, no, not this one, cool as all that business is. Rather, I am referring to the one and only Pharoahe Monch, 1/2 of Organized Konfusion and creator of my favorite Godzilla-related song of all time. I mean, that Wallflowers cover of "Heroes" kind of introduced me to Bowie, so that's not all bad. But "Simon Says" is the jam.

Anyway, Monch has a new album, Desire, out today, which I picked up but haven't had the chance to listen to yet. But in honor of the new record, here's an incredible freestyle of his from the pre-album mixtape The Awakening over one of my all time favorite beats, the Pete Rock Mixx of PE's "Shut 'Em Down". Oh yeah, as with most hip-hop I'll post here, the language may not be suitable for all environments.

Pharoahe Monch - Shut 'Em Down Freestyle

No comments: