Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I Ain't Nobody's Soldier; I'm A Bona Fide Cap-i-tan

So allow me to pile on the bandwagon when it comes to one Ms. Sharon Jones (and, of course, who can forget the Dap-Kings). Amy Winehouse hoopla aside, the new album 100 Days, 100 Nights is drenched in soul and dripping with heartbreak. Can't recommend it highly enough, and then once you get that, you will have to go back and get Naturally and Dap-Dippin' With Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings. So to celebrate the release, here's a track from a 45 that didn't make the album, and I can see why since it hits in a much harder deep funk mode than the more soul-oriented album. But it is highly deserving of a listen. Please do check this stuff out, but beware you may become a full fledged Daptone junkie like myself.

Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings - I'm Not Gonna Cry

No comments: